Subject: MUSTER POINT FEED BACK

Posted on: October 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
By: aub

Content:

28th October 2010

Dear Aubrey,

I would like to thank you for your generosity in inviting me to attend one of your BHP Muster Point tours on the 20th October.

It was obvious to those who attended that you have a passion not only for your fellow workers and friends at BHP, but also for preserving the history of the steelworks. The Muster Point designed by Julie Squires is a fantastic environment to house such talks and your tales were reflected in the images, words and objects within the sculpture.

As you are aware Newcastle Museum is currently developing ‘The BHP’ exhibition and it is people such as yourself with a lifetime of memories and a willingness to share that are aiding the development of the exhibition. Looking at the response from the people attending your tour it was apparent with the nodding of their heads and smiles that you were able to help recall similar times and experiences during your time at BHP and life in Newcastle.

Thank you again for the Muster Point experience and I will be happy to attend another in the future.

I look forward to talking to you again soon.

Kind regards,

Carolyn Legge

Assistant Curator, BHP Exhibition

Arrow Mr. Green

Replies:

Newcastle Industrial Heritage Association - Forum
http://www.niha.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=433