Subject: Civic Workshops

Posted on: January 08 2007 @ 01:42 AM
By: Eric Olsen

Content:

Hi
Is there any members that have any old photos of the Civic railway workshops ?
Cheers Eric

Replies:

Re:Civic Workshops

Posted on: January 08 2007 @ 02:58 AM
By: aub

Content:

Hi Eric, our members have been contacted,
Good luck........Aub Mr. Green

Posted on: January 08 2007 @ 07:42 PM
By: aub

Content:

Newcastle Regional Library would have old images of the old Civic Railway Workshops.

Steve

Posted on: January 12 2007 @ 10:27 AM
By: bobcook

Content:

Eric,
I know several local rail enthusiasts that would have the occasional Civic pics in their collection, but that's not your best solution.
1) The local studies section (Laman St Newcastle) of the Newcastle library has a massive photo collection - i know of some great shots in that collection. you can see them on the web or at the library. google it.
2) The old government railways - now Railcorp has recently restructured and now has an office of railway heritage. It's located on the platform at Central Station in Sydney. They have many items on sale now. Railcorp has the best photo collection.
3) On the weekend of 31 March - 1 April there will be a big railway event to commemorate the 150-year anniversary of the Great Northern Railway (commenced at Honeysuckle). Railcorp is putting on an exhibition at Newcastle Station to showcase the history of the railway. you will get info then. Keep an eye on our website for details of GNR-150.

regards,
Bob Cook

Posted on: January 13 2007 @ 11:48 PM
By: Eric Olsen

Content:

Thanks Bob
For your info. I will have a look at the Library first and see how I go.
Cheers Eric

Newcastle Industrial Heritage Association - Forum
http://www.niha.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=278